Envision New Spaces
Exterior view of expansion –
completion Fall of 2024!
- Courtyard includes fountain, seating & existing trees.
- Accessible entrance faces East parking lot.
Bird's Eye View
Overhead view of expansion with courtyard, entry & partial parking.
Lower Level Floor Plan
- Accessible entry
- Youth Services with Discovery Zone
- Programming spaces – able to divide
- Full kitchen
- Accessible restrooms
- Community room accessible during off hours
Patron Services Expands
- Convenient, accessible service for all ages & abilities
- Quick access to staff spaces and tech assistance
- Sponsors: Kwik Trip and Sparta Shovelmen
- Interactive learn, play & grow spaces
- Mobile sections; able to modify
- Room for large programs; able to divide into two spaces
- Demonstration kitchen
- After-hours access capable; easy access through new foyer
- Full kitchen for programs and demos with oven & fridge
- Overhead lighting & wiring for demo presentations & online viewing
- Possible patron use outside library hours
Upper Level Floor Plan
- Carnegie remodel maintains historic features
- Expanded study and meeting room options
- Teen room with gaming and tech features
- Accessible public restrooms
- Expanded technology and comfort seating
Adult Services Entry
- Easy elevator or stair access to comfort seating, book drop & collection
- Convenient services access
Upper Level Service Desk
- Accessible for patrons of all ages and abilities
- Quick access to staff project and work spaces as well as storage
- Convenient to patron tech area
Pop back soon for more images!
Capital Campaign: Enduring Legacy, Enhancing Community
Want to know more about our Enduring Legacy, Enhancing Community campaign? Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding our expansion.
DONATE TODAY: Leave a legacy and JOIN in this historic investment in the future of your library and community. For further information on how you can help, please call the Library Director at 608.269.2010 ext.4
100 Extraordinary Women: Update your pledge using a credit card (click here).
City Council Resolution: On September 19, 2018 the Sparta City Council passed a Resolution of Support for Sparta Free Library Expansion not to exceed 70 percent of the funding. See Resolution of Support
Feasibility Study: In August 2018 the library, working with The Sweeney Group and The Winding Rivers Library System, completed a feasibility study and a summary of community needs & information.
Please continue to check back for updates & photos!